Lately, I have been caught up with researching how to break the barrier to the fashion industry. Being one of my goals to work in the fashion industry I want to gain the knowledge that would put me ahead. I am only twenty years old but I am working towards my goals. The best time to try out your dreams are in your twenties. Or so I have been told.
Sometimes when I think about breaking the barrier I think of Lauren Conrad, The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and City, and The Carrie Diaries!!! I know majority of these are fiction and Lauren Conrad’s story is a case of right place, right time but I still fantasize.
In my research I gathered tips, books, and different careers information.
Here are some books that are on my Wishlist:
- The Little Black Book of Style By Nina Gracia
- The One-Hundred: A Guide To The Pieces Every Stylish Women Must Own By Nina Gracia
- D.V. By Diana Vreeland
- Fashion Today By Colin McDowell
- Stylist: The Interpreters of Fashion By Anna Wintour
Here are a couple tips:
- Work Hard and Don’t Complain
- Stay Consistent
- Use the Internet Wisely
- Offer Up Ideas at the Right Time
- Never Lose Your Excitement
- Observe the Rest of the World
- Go at it Alone but at the Right Time