Happy Hump Day!!!! Today I woke and made the biggest to do list in a while. After looking at it I got slightly overwhelmed. I have tendency to overstock my days so I am always busy. But no worries I have tackled the art of the to do list! This post is about staying inspired and getting as much as you can out of a day!
Staying inspired and creative is huge part of blogging. It is so easy to get into the routine of posting and not mixing it up. It is also easy to lose your spark of creativity. When I lose my mojo I try some of these things to ignite the spark again!
Here are some ideas to help you stay creative!
- Focus on what makes you happy
- Don’t get wrapped up in what you need to accomplish for the day. Take time to relax and do what makes you happy. I usually wind down the day with a movie and then before bed I read something. This way I am shutting my brain off before I head to sleep.
- Make sure each day to say what you are grateful for. This helps realign your ac compliments and puts things in perspective. Not to mention it is reminds you of what you have to be happy about.
- 2. Plan your day
- Every night once I wrap up my work for today I redo my to do list. What ever I didn’t accomplish I put on the next day’s list.
- I also make sure I prioritize the top 3 task that I need to accomplish for the day. This way if I accomplished what needed to be done. I can sprinkle in other things to do or just take the rest of the day off to do something differently.
- Most importantly remember to reflect on your day! I think reflecting on what you have done or not done helps gauge the steps you need to take.
- Keep Learning
- I make sure I read something new everyday. Whether it be relating to blogging, business, fashion or completely random. Reading will always keep you inspired!
- Have you ever just started browsing and came across something then the light bulb popped in your head. Browsing gives me little sparks of inspiration that I then feed with my own take on it.
- Brainstorming is the key to inspiration! Keep a notebook on stand by to build off of your ideas!
- Stay Healthy
- Get sleep. I can’t say how important sleep is. I am the person that needs 8 hours of sleep or I do not function well the next day! SO remember to sleep!
- Get from behind the computer. I caught off my computer sardonically throughout the day. I read about the 50/10 rule. Spend 50 minutes doing your task and 10 minutes on a break.
The 50/10 rule is key to accomplishing a successful day. Whenever I am really into work I also take a break from it at least after an hour or so. And I always do something creative in that time or I go inspiration hunting. I take a walk, sketch, listen to music and so on.
Here are so more ways to stay inspired and getting the most out of your day!
- Get Feedback
- Be Open
- Break the Rules
- Make Mistakes
- Listen to New Music
- Have Fun
- Clean your Work Space
- Surround Yourself with Creative People
- Take Breaks
How do you stay inspired and accomplish things throughout your day? Any tips you have?